Friday, October 16, 2009

What's in my Makeup Bag




Hey Guys! Long time no talk!
I finally had a little time on my hands (although i really should be studying/cleaning) so i thought... Do a blog! The constant studying, work, emails, and all that stuff has worn me out so time for some gold ol' makeup fun.
This blog is all about what's currently in my makeup bag.

Let me start by saying this is a picture heavy blog (so enjoy!) and anything you want more info/review on just let me know. I originally wanted to do a review but i couldn't pick any one item. So anyways... My makeup bag is currently a large men's docker bag that the boyfriend didn't want so i quickly snagged. I'm currently looking for a spacious, pretty makeup bag (i am bidding for one on ebay) but this on certainly does the job too.

This isn't what i put in my purse (seriously, i could not fit this huge thing in there... trust me, i've tried) but more for ease of moving around my apartment or taking with me when i am going to stay the night at the boyfriend's place. Or, when i muster up the motivation, i also bring it with me to the gym.

These aren't necessarily my favorites (although many are!) but things that i use often, easy to carry, or new items i am trying out.

So let's get started...

EYES


(Left to right: ELF Studio Eyebrow Lifter & Fuller in Dark, CoverGirl Lash Blast in Very Black Waterproof, CoverGirl Lash Exact in Very Black Waterproof)


This is a swatch of the Eyebrow pencil. I really don't use the dark side often but i do use the skin colored "lift" side on my brow bone occasionally. Its handy for on the go and it has a built in sharpener in the cap! Pretty cool :)

I really love Lash Blast because its cheap and it really lenthens and thickens my lashs when i want a full look.

The Lash Exact really separates and lengthens my lashes for a more natural look.

(Top Left to Right: ELF Studio Eyeliner & Shadow Stick in Smoke/black and Pearl/Glow, Avon in a blink line and shadow pencil in violet smoke, NYC Liquid Liner in Black, Stila's Smudge pots (liners) in gray, bronze, black. Bottom: Revlon Colorstay Pencils in Black and Charcoal and a Revlon Colorstay Liquid liner in Blackest black)



I have a lot of shadows all in this bag... So let's break em down...


These are my larger shadows.
The Blue quad on the top left is from Maybelline in Time for Wine. This quad is alright, i mostly use the light colors on the left.
The trio in the top right is from Almay for brown eyes (201). This is a cheap must have! The light colors is a perfect highlight while the brown and purple are classic, smooth and simple. Great for on the go.
The large 12 pan palette was made by me from pigments and mics i had. Many of the colors came out beautiful!
The bottom left is a LA Colors 5 metallic shadow palette in Unforgettable (i want more of these!) I love the colors and they are very wearable.
And the bottom right is a Revlon Cream Shadow palette in Pink Petals. I love the deep rich burgandy color for starting a intense, smokey look.


These are my singles and duos.

The Duos on the top left are part of L'Oreal's HIP line. These are Charisma and Adventurous. I love these but the pink color on Adventurous i hardly ever use.
The singles on the top right are from NYX. The first lighter one is called Slate and it is a mix of grey and brown with a bit of a metallic finish. The other single is in Root beer and is a darker brown with a grey dullness to it and a matte finish. These two compliment each other beautifully.
The bottom three singles are from ELF's studio line and are relatively new. The first on the left is in butter cream which i use as a crease to brow color to blend darker colors. The middle is amethyst and its a beautiful rich plum color. And last is whild wheat, a soft medium/light brown.


These are some misc. items.
(Left to Right: Urban Decay Primer Potion [UDPP], ELF mineral eyeshadow primer, NYX jumbo pencil in Milk and iced mocha)

Both primers work amazingly well. While both make my eye makeup last throughout the day with creasing or smudging, i think UDPP makes the colors pop more than the ELF. But sometimes, color pop doesn't really matter to me anyway.
The jumbo pencils (like the revlon cream shadows) create a great base for colors to pop and build off of. These two are my favorite colors that i use the most.

LIPS


Again, i carry a lot of lip products... i can't help it!

Lip Balms and Lip Glosses
(Top to Bottom: Nivea Kiss of Moisture Lip Balms [one with SPF], Sally Hansen 18 hour lip treatment in Clear Optimistic Opal, Lancome juicy tubes in ?[name rubbed off] and rose fishnets [Limited Edition], and CoastalScents Lip Smack in Oasis)

My new obsession is the Nivea balms. I had been using Aquafina since senior year of high school but its becoming harder to find and i just don't love it as much anymore. So on a whim i picked up the Nivea and fell in LOVE! I prefer the one without SPF, feels better to me.


Lipsticks
(Top, Left to Right: NYX Round Lipstick in Thalia, Power, Circe, and Harmonica. Bottom, Left to Right: Maybelline Extreme Moisture Lipstick in Sugar Plum Ice and Nude blush. WetnWild lipstick in 547B [no name])


SWATCHES
Top to Bottom: NYX Round Lipsticks in Harmonic, Circe, Power, and Thalia
These are all VERY creamy and pigmented. some of the colors look odd against my pale skin but they look much better on my lips. Love these!


SWATCHES
Top to Bottom:
Maybelline Extreme Moisture Lipstick in Sugar Plum Ice and Nude blush. WetnWild lipstick in 547B [no name].
The Maybelline lipsticks aren't bad but not as moisturizing as i imagined and not as creamy as my NYX lipsticks but still nice and neutral. The wet n wild lipstick isn't bad at all but has a bit of a frosty effect to it that i must use sparingly to avoid looking unnatural.


FACE


(In no particular order...)
Foundations: Revlon Colorstay in 110 Ivory (normal/dry skin formula) and Rimmel Stay Matte in 100 Ivory.
Powder: ELF Studio Complexion Perfection compact (compact with 4 colors at the top)
Blemish Concealer: ELF Studio Concealer Pencil & Brush in Fair and Coastal Scents Came Quad in Light (bottom left corner)
Under Eye Concealer: ELF Studio Under Eyes Concealer and Highlighter in Glow/Fair
All over Conealer/Corrector: Coverblend Multi-Function Concealer in Light and Coastal Scents Camo Quad Color Corrector (2nd quad with the crazy colors)

I know, a lot of concealers right? Most of them have a specific purpose. I just started using the ELF pencil and i use it as a last step because it does have ingredients that are meant to dry out blemishes. So if my other concealers don't cover it enough, i go in with the pencil and its gone. However, it can look cakey so use it lightly, as a last step.

I won't go into every one of these concealers but just know that i love my coverblend- pricey but well worth it.

BRUSHES


Top to Bottom:

ELF Studio Eyeshadow C Brush
Coastal Scents Synthetic crease Brush
Coastal Scents Double ended brush (shader and crease)
ELF Studio Concealer Brush
ELF Studio Small Angled Brush (GREAT for liner)
Stila small liner brush (came with smudge pots. i use for detail work)
Mark Travel Concealer brush (use for cream shadows and such)
Mark Travel liner brush (use for crease and outer "V")
Mark Travel shadow brush
ELF Studio Blush Brush
ELF Studio Complexion Brush
ELF Studio Powder Brush
Coastal Scents tapered powder brush

If you are looking for a good set of brushes for a low price, i highly recommend the ELF Studio Line Brushes. I have most of them and they are all such great quality.


So this is my makeup kit. Amazing how much makeup i easily fit in that bag.

Again, any questions let me know!

(P.S. today the bidding for the new makeup bag ends. lets hope i get it!)

No comments:

Post a Comment