Monday, August 31, 2009
I now have 6 followers! Thanks so much!
So I was reminded of the In and Out blogs from Erika so i thought i should do my own.
--Saving money! Thats right, saving money is definitely a goal of mine for this month. I need to focus on paying for school, rent, and books! Tuition has increased by 10-15% here in Oregon not to mention that i now live in a apartment that is more expensive than where i used to live... So i need to watch my wallet. No makeup shopping in Sept. But i do need some new jeans. Anyone know where to get a good deal?
--Best friend in Portland! Yup, one of my best friends has moved to Portland! She isn't going to the same school as i am but she is still very close!
--Eating better! Yup, always a goal for me but i am having a lot of fun with it. I went raw for a bit but it quickly got expensive as sales for fruit are dwindling since summer is coming to an end. :( But i am still working on eating breakfast and eating good stuff. yay
--Nails! This month was about getting my nails stronger and healthier. It is stil something i am working on for Sept but i am enjoying it. Now that i am using better quality bases/top coats, and removers, i am really enjoying doing my nails! i really need to spend some time on practicing with my Konad. Yup, maybe i will do that tomorrow since i am (supposed) to be off at 2. Which brings me to my...
--Work! Yeah, work is really getting to me. But i paying 1/2 my rent payment this week so yay! (we get charged every 3 months)
--Broke-ness! Yes, everytime i turn around there is a great deal going on somewhere... Ahhh MUST RESIST!
--Buying Textbooks! One of my text books is $216! OMG!!! I found it cheaper online but still... Isn't that just CRAZY?! Man, school is so expensive. Not to mention tuition prices are raised 15% in ONE year. ugh i am gonna pass out looking at my tuition bill.
So i have a huge, several part haul to show you guys that i just haven't finished putting together and every time i get close to being done, i get a bit more to show. And NOW my BF has the camera since UFC came to Portland... He had to take it with him. So... boo :(
But i did my my last ELF haul, some stuff from Walgreens, Walmart, iVi scents, and Glamour Doll Eyes. I feel so spoiled. :P
BTW i decided not to buy any more eyeshadows... i really don't need any more!
Thats it guys - thanks for reading :)
Thursday, August 20, 2009
But now i am pooped so i thought i would post a blog of my own! Nothing fancy or planned and if you follow me on twitter you may know about me recent obsession and love: ELF products found at EyesLipsFace.com
They are so affordable with a whole line at $1 each and a studio line that is mostly $3 each, plus other affordable products like the Mineral line.
Personally, some of the items from the regular $1 line are pretty great while others are total flops. However, i am totally loving the Studio line! I have ordered and reordered because i am so happy with some of the items i picked up.
I plan on doing a full video/blog about my favorites from ELF's studio line after i get my last package has arrived (ETA End of next week) before i do this, but for now, let me share some of the treasures i have picked up...
Let me start by saying that the bronzers are fabulous! They are large and pigmented - i bought all three: Cool, Warm, and Golden.
I think all 3 are must haves but Golden has a light color to it with a lot of sheen. Warm has more color with much less shimmer than Golden. And Cool is matte and it the darkest color (i've used it to contour on my pale skin).
I use the Warm and Golden (as highlight) together almost every day - but today i am playing with my new ELF Blushes.
Speaking of the new ELF Blushes... i am wearing one today that i think will be my Holy Grail Blush! It is called Candid Coral and it is a amazing light pink/coral color, perfect for my very light skin tone. It has a bit of shimmer but honestly, its nothing wacky and clown-like. I really don't notice the shimmer much on my cheeks. This is the blush i have been SEARCHING for! I am so happy with ELF.
I also got a free gift for referring 3 people to ELF. I don't know if the gift is the same for everyone, but for me it was a lip gloss in a tin from the candy shop. I actually really like it!
Today i am also wearing some of the new shadows on top of the ELF mineral primer. So far i am impressed with the primer. I have a deep crease and my eyelids do tend to get a bit oily and this primer has really held it all together for $3 - What a steal!
I put in another order from ELF the other night and i ordered another one of the mineral primers plus the Studio primers. From what i hear, the studio primer is not nearly as good as the mineral but i had a coupon for 75% off so i thought - what the hey and thought i would see for myself.
I ordered a ton of other things like a bunch more nail polish, liners, new brushes, more eyeshadow, blush, lip stuff, and even a the mini makeup set. i really can't wait!
I will be posting a haul of the ELF items i got as well as goodies from a few other places. so this is the end of my random blog.
thanks for reading!
1. What time did you get up this morning? my alarm went off at 7:15 but i didn't get out of bed until 7:25 haha
2. How do you like your steak? medium well
3. What was the last film you saw at the cinema? BRUNO! i think... it may have been something else, i have a terrible memory. i really need to go see district 9
4. What is your favorite TV show? The office is number 1! but a like Sex in the City, Jericho, freaks and geeks, united states of tara, True blood and... i think thats it haha
5. If you could live anywhere in the world where would it be? Waikiki!
6. What did you have for breakfast? errm... kinda had a banana at work. i am starving!
7. What is your favorite cuisine? i like a little from everything.
8. What foods do you dislike? anything with onions haha
9. Favorite place to eat? i really like the cheesecake factory, chilis, Sonic, hot lips pizza, sparkys pizza. yup, i love pizza haha
10. Favorite dressing? not much of a dressing person but i like certain Caesar dressings
11. What kind of vehicle do you drive? none! i live downtown - i hate sitting in cars
12. What are your favorite clothes? Skirts! i am obsessed
13. Where would you visit if you had the chance? Great wall of China
14. Cup 1/2 empty or 1/2 full? at 50% capacity :P
15. Where would you want to retire? Hawaii!
16. Favorite time of day? i love mid morning around 10am
17. Where were you born? Travis AFB in Cali
18. What is your favorite sport to watch? none of it haha
19. Who do you think will not tag you back? ehhh
20. Person you expect to tag you back first? huh?
21. Who are you most curious about their responses to this? whoever
22. Bird watcher? nope
23. Are you a morning person or a night person? well... i like mid mornings or early evenings
24. Do you have any pets? yup.. Sshhhh
25. Any new and exciting news you'd like to share? There was a drug dealer trying to sell in our building
26. What did you want to be when you were little? A vet
27. What is your best childhood memory? going to the beach!
28. Are you a cat or dog person? i like both but more of a cat person
29. Are you married? Nope
30. Always wear your seat belt? Yup
31. Been in a car accident? Yup thanks to my boyfriend
32. Any pet peeves? slow shipping, waiting for christmas, rude people
33. Favorite Pizza Toppings? i like just cheese. but sometimes pepperoni is good
34. Favorite Flower? Hibiscus and plumeria. yup, i'm from Hawaii
35. Favorite ice cream? i love coconut/haupia, kona coffee and ben & Jerry Strawberry Cheesecake! It is HEAVEN
36. Favorite fast food restaurant? does L&L count? love that place. sonic is awesome too
37. How many times did you fail your driver's test? 0 but i've never tried.. haha
38. From whom did you get your last email? Emily, someone i work with
39. Which store would you choose to max out your credit card? ummm..... gosh... ulta? Sephora?
40. Do anything spontaneous lately? took a bus to go to a store... if that counts
41. Like your job? not really... at first, i kinda did but ehh... not so much anymore
42. Broccoli? love it steamed to perfection
43. What was your favorite vacation? when do i ever get a vacation?!
44. Last person you went out to dinner with? The bf
45. What are you listening to right now? the fan running
46. What is your favorite color? it changes... i really love all colors but right now i am into Purple
47. How many tattoos do you have? None but i think i may get one in the future
48. How many are you tagging for this quiz? anyone and everyone
49. What time did you finish this quiz? 3:44pm i had to go to lunch and then emily was at the computer for a bit.
My new HG Blsuh
Pros: Good Value, Easy To Apply, Good Pigmentation
Best Uses: Dry Skin, Daily Use, Sensitive Skin
Describe Yourself: Natural Style
Skin Tone: Fair
I am 20 year old college student who can't spend a lot of makeup but i still want a nice collection...
Here comes ELF to the rescue. The studio line is something i really have no fear spending money on as it is almost always quite a hit!
As for these Blushes, i currently i Candid Coral and Tickled Pink. (i also ordered Peachy keen)
Candid Coral is PERFECT for us light skin tone ladies who need a little color to the face without looking like you sat in the sun for too long. This is a amazing light glow. There is bit of golden sparkle that i think is just right (not too much or too little).
Tickled pink is almost matte with a slight bit of shimmer that is hardly noticeable on my cheeks. It is a true pink color.
So far i LOVE these. Contemplating buying them ALL!
Tuesday, August 4, 2009
I have some great stuff ordered from Glamour Doll Eyes for the customer appreciation sale, plus i ordered some NYX and other items from Cherry Culture, THEN Zoya had a promo code for 3 free nail polishes ($18) and of course i couldn't stop at 3, i ordered 5.
So yes... NO MORE SHOPPING! I have rent and school to pay for. Sheesh
But i am SO excited!
Here's a glance at what i got... (at the stuff from Cherry Culture)
I ordered a Ton of NYX lipsticks in Frosted Beige, Strawberry Milk, Christie, Heather, Tea Rose, Harmonica, Power and Iced Honey
Is that a lot or what?
I will try to take some good swatches and a blog about my mission on finding the perfect shade - particularly a perfect pink/neutral shade.
And i also ordered one of the new NYX eye compacts - they all look gorgeous but the ones i really wanted to try were sold out on CherryCulture (Very sad, i know) so i settled for Strike a Pose.
If you know me you know I LOVE NYX Single Eyeshadows so i plan on comparing it to the singles. Price wise the palettes are good deals but so were the trios and i didn't like those... So i hope i am impressed.
Speaking of, I also ordered 3 of the new Single Eyeshadows that NYX now sell - in Frosted Ocean, Gunmetal, and Super Creamy.
I am also VERY excited about trying the NYX creme blush in Glow. It looks grogeous but i hope it applies well to my fair, sensitive skin as well.
And the last of NYX includes two of the round lip glosses in Doll Pink and Soap Opera Queen (haha love that name).
BUT i also decided to try out some other items that i heard good things about. I ordered the Amuse Metallic eyeshadow palette in Natural lace as well as Two long eyeliner pencils in Metallic Gold and Metallic Blue.
AND (i know its a ton of stuff right?) a LA Colors Metallic eye palette in Unforgettable as well as a LA Girls single shadow in Mud slide.
I will totally be doing a haul and i am so excited about EVERYTHING i ordered.
Now if only the mailman would arrive Sooner!
Not sure if i'll do swatches of the other items.... eh we'll see i suppose. Unless someone is interested in something.
Anyway, Have a great one!
Monday, August 3, 2009
My phone! Its like a watch/calender/phone so its pretty important
Purse! I carry all kinds of crap with me. Haha
Debit Card! Its where my $$$ is at
Makeup bag! For touchups and such. :)
2- Favorite brand of Make Up?
NYX has to be my favorite! There isn't much from their line that i don't like.
Well I grew up in Hawaii, so i have to pick plumerias and (red) hibiscus. But birds of paradise are pretty too.
4-Favorite clothing store?
I like old navy because its cheap and there is always sales.
I'm not really into perfume but i love scents with sandalwood, its beautiful
6-Heels or Flats?
I LOVE HEELS! But since i now live in Portland, Oregon and i walk everywhere (no car) i wear flats most often. But i used to wear heels ALL THE TIME
7-Do you make good grades?
I make very good grades!
I like so many but lately i have been into Purple the most.
9- Do you drink energy drinks?
Not very often, no. They are mostly sugar! But i admit, i like Red Bull :P
10-Do you drink juice?
Occasionally. But much of it is processed, filtered, and pasteurized so i try to find the good stuff (its pricey) if i'm in the mood - which isn't too often.
11-Do you like swimming?
LOVE he water! But i am picky about where i swim. No rivers and especially no lakes!!
12-Do you eat fries with a fork?
uhhh no.. thats silly
I love my cetaphil lotion! I actually need a new one soon.
14- Do you want to get married later on in life?
Sorta, i guess. I want a great person to spend my life with but not necessarily marriage.
15- Do you get mad easily?
Not so much anymore. Certain people REALLY know how to go it tho (like my dad)
16- Are you into ghost hunting?
Not really but i am fascinated with chost stories/movies.
eh, no really
18-Do you bite your nails?
YUCK no way. its so bad for your nails
19-Have you ever had a near death experience?
20-Do you drink coffee?
not really, i might have an iced coffee everyone once in a while but thats about it.