Monday, December 7, 2009

Quick Blog!

So i have been spending a lot of time in the world of nail polish lately and i have to admit that i have become engrossed in it.

i can't wait for this week to be over (accounting final Thursday morning) so i can relax and spend some quality time playing with nail polish. How lame does that sound? All the inspiration i have gotten over the last month has made me want to put together a list of nail related goals.

1. Make a franken polish (my first didn't go so well)
2. Try water marbling for the first time
3. Practice konading until i get a decent manicure
4. Catalog all my polishes
5. Create a database of all my polishes (See, that IT class wasn't as useless as i thought)
6. Research polish storage options (its getting a little crazy right now)
7. MORE SWATCHES!

Not to mention, enjoy the items i receive this week since i need to study, study, study accounting!


Plans for my winter break...

This week is finals and after this i have 3 weeks off from school.
Of the 3 weeks, i only work 2 weeks (5 hours a day, 6 days a week). Luckily, the week i have off is the week of Christmas. YAY

I also plan on getting my IKEA dresser set up in my apartment after 2 months of waiting since the boyfriend has been 'busy' and i am hoping to get some curtains up as well.

Not to mention giving my apartment a good scrub down. During the term it really gets dirty and neglected. I also really need to rearrange some furniture to make it flow better and to make room for that new dresser i mentioned.

I have a lot i want to do during these 3 weeks and i'm sure i could do them all if i weren't working and if it weren't Christmas... But it is so i realize not everything will be done that i'm hoping for but that's okay, i can deal with that. I need to put together a plan of what's to be done first. As my 325 professor says... Spend 90% of your time planning so you only spend 10% implementing. I think thats a unrealistic ratio, especially for procrastinators like me but that's a different story.

And just for fun, here is a tag i am copying...

1. Where is your phone? my iPhone is just hanging out next to me
2. Your hair? up in a bun. going to bed soon so...
3. Your Mom? Saturday will be 2 years since she has passed. i miss and love her so much
4. Your Dad? i dont get along with him
5. Your favorite meal? it varies but you can't go wrong with some pizza!
6. Your last dream? oh man, i can't remember. But i recently had a dream Eminem fell for me.... haha
7. What do you like to drink? Ice tea, hot tea, water, coke, mochas
8. Your dream? To make a difference and leave my mark
9. In what room are you? i have a studio, so i guess the main room :)
10. Your hobby? blogging, beading, scrapbooking, reading
11. What are you afraid of? failing
12. Last travel? its been waaay too long!
13. Where were you last night? I was at the BFs house for most of the night until i returned home.
14. Something you are not? a bad student
15. Muffins? do you have blueberry?
16. Wishlist? oh man, so much...!
17. Where did you grow up? spent 12 years in Hawaii. I don't remember much before then
18. Last thing you did? Study for my accounting final with some classmates
19. What are you wearing? T-shirt and undies. like i said, i am getting ready for bed.
20. Your television? none. i don't have cable at my place.
21. Your pet(s)? 2 bunnies - basil and paprika
22. Your friends? Some in hawaii, some here and a bunch spread around all over
23. Your life? complicated
24. Your temper? not so bad anymore
25. Do you miss someone? i miss my mother
26. Your car? none! Do you know how much it is to park downtown?!
27. Something you don't bring with you? i don't bring my kitchen sink :P
28. Your favorite shop? i really love old navy
29. Your favorite color? right now it is purple
30. Last time you laughed? at our study group session
31. Last time you cried? not sure.
32. Your best friend? Possum :)
33. A place where you can go again and again? beaches in hawaii. i miss them
34. Facebook? its pretty cool
35. Favorite place to eat? right now i am craving L&L Hawaiian BBQ

Anyway, time to go to bed.

Maybe i'll edit and add more as i make more plans... or just post a follow up post. Either way, i need a plan so please hold me to it!

Anyone else ready for Christmas to be here already?! I'm too impatient to wait!!

No comments:

Post a Comment