Wednesday, December 30, 2009

Haul: (Before Christmas) from Walmart and Sallys

Hey guys!
So I will be posting a parade of haul posts for the next few days/week or so. I've been picking up things here and there and plus Christmas! Not to mention that I am getting paid at the end of this week. You know what that means!

So let's get started on some of the polishes I picked up a bit before Christmas at Walmart and a super cool item I picked up to organize my polish table with!

I really wanted to recreate a sparkly/snowy look so I needed a silver micro glitter. I'm just starting to get into glitters so I don't have much of a collection yet. I also some a blue mirco glitter and a soft yellow, so I picked those up as well.



I also picked up Biotin there since I want to improve my nails. I take about 2-3 pills a day when I remember. haha I picked up the Vitamin D at Safeway. Not sure why I added it, I guess I was in a bit of a hurry to get to bed.



L to R: Pure Ice Strapless, Pure Ice Beware, Sally Hansen Extreme Wear in Mellow Yellow

I didn't have a yellow so I figured "Why not?". That reasoning gets me in trouble. But it is my first yellow.



I also picked up Burt's Bees Lemon Butter Cuticle Cream. The thing is... It really isn't a cream. Its more of a salve consistency. Its hard and you rub your finger over it and you get a little product on your finger tips and rub it over your cuticles. Take a look, its solid.



I've been using this for about a week and a half and so far I think its decent. I wish it were just a little bit softer so I could swipe a bit and apply whereas now I have to swipe apply, swipe, apply, etc.



I also picked up this remover. I've never heard of the brand but they didn't have the Sally Hansen remover that I love. I've been using acetone a lot (and its drying out my nails!) so I am really trying to find that Sally Hansen remover but its always sold out or not sold where I shop. Argh. I don't recommend this remover. Its nothing compared to my HG Sally Hansen. Oh well, worth a shot. Maybe I'll keep this at the BFs just in case. :)



I got the idea to get this turntable from Walmart from Emily Noel on Youtube. I loved the idea so much it was the main reason I wanted to go to Walmart. In her video she used the turntable for makeup supplies. I wanted it to hold my newest polish that I need to swatch and some essentials. The pic above is just after putting it together just to show what it looks like. Now its on my kitchen table turned manicure table (LOL) and I LOVE it. I plan on doing a post about my evolving manicure station and storage. I'm not done with by its a work in progress. :)
Emily picked up the plastic one that was about $5-6 at my Walmart in the kitchen section. But when I got there all the plastic ones looked messed up or opened PLUS I saw this stainless steel one for only a few bucks more ($9 and some change) and it looked more sturdy. So I picked this one over the plastic and I'm very glad I did. The sides don't look overwhelmed at all like plastic can do.



Sallys! So we were hitting up Safeway Christmas Eve for some last minute groceries. Of course, there has to be a Sallys right next door and I really needed another bottle of Seche Vite. But I was sucked in and picked up China Glaze Ruby Pumps and Emerald Sparkle.


L to R: China Glaze Emerald Sparkle, China Glaze Ruby Pumps, and Seche Vite Dry Fast Top Coat (Love this stuff!)

In a post coming up, I used these two new polishes for my Christmas manicure that really lasted on my nails.

Well that's all I have for now. I know I totally slacked off last week with the posts so I am writing up a few more and scheduling them post now so that I don't go on 1-2 week hiatuses when school starts back up... Which is Jan. 4th! Eck!

Anyway, Happy New Years!

1 comment:

  1. Sweet haul!
    I desperately need to make a trip to Sally and I would love to do so today. We'll see...
    I tried that Onyx remover and I didn't care for it so much. It's worked best for me when I wrap my tips in soaked cotton and foil. Otherwise, it was a lot of swiping. Bah!
    Hope you have better luck than I did!

    Have a Happy New Year, glad to have met you!

    ReplyDelete